The Academy Award candidates were announced Thursday morning, and LINCOLN (based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's TEAM OF RIVALS) topped the list with 12 nominations, followed by LIFE OF PI, based on Yann Martel's novel, with 11. Both are Best Picture nominees, along with three other titles based on books:
- Paul Krugman: Monopsonist Amazon "Has too much power, and it uses that power in ways that hurt America" 20 October 2014, 11:31 am
- Daniel Handler's Upstream Encourages Authors to Partner with Indie Stores to Sell Signed Books 17 October 2014, 8:34 pm
- Court Monitor Bromwich Gets His Meeting with Apple's Tim Cook 17 October 2014, 2:02 pm
- Pastor (and Controversial Author) Mark Driscoll Resigns from Mars Hill Church 16 October 2014, 12:33 pm
- Permuted Press Said to Drop Most POD Editions, Delay New Releases 16 October 2014, 12:08 pm
- People: Green to ICM, and More October 20, 2014
- Atavist Books to Close At the End of the Year October 20, 2014
- Simon & Schuster and Amazon Agree to Multi-Year Renewal, With Agency Restored October 20, 2014
- Krugman Takes On Amazon October 20, 2014
- People October 20, 2014
- Amazon Signs New Contracts With Bonnier, Simon & Schuster - The Digital Reader: […] Publishers Lunch reports that the deal &...
- Simon & Schuster Strikes Amazon Deal Reviving Agency Ebook Pricing | Digital Book World: […] Amazon nor Simon & Schuster have pub...
- Krugman cites a fact that fit what I posited as a theory - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files: […] revenues of publishers and their authors...
- Alan Cumming reveals the man behind the “cheery chappy” - GalleyCat: […] The Good Wife star and Broadway luminary...
- Wattpad Novel \'After\' by Anna Todd Scores a Movie Deal | Digital Book World: […] Perseus Reorganizes (Pub Lunch) In the a...