The Academy Award candidates were announced Thursday morning, and LINCOLN (based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's TEAM OF RIVALS) topped the list with 12 nominations, followed by LIFE OF PI, based on Yann Martel's novel, with 11. Both are Best Picture nominees, along with three other titles based on books:
- Hollywood Agents In "Rampant Piracy" of CAA Book "Powerhouse" Via PDF 24 August 2016, 1:18 pm
- Trump Campaign Discloses $55,000 Spent on His Book 'Crippled America' 24 August 2016, 12:31 pm
- Matt Bissonnette Will Forfeit All $6.6 Million In Royalties for "No Easy Day" In Settlement with Government 21 August 2016, 3:44 am
- HarperCollins Still Planning on Roger Ailes' Book They Signed Four Years Ago 19 August 2016, 1:35 pm
- Wiley Pays $120 Million to Acquire Software Company Atypon, Whose Platform Serves STM and Scholarly Markets 19 August 2016, 4:24 am
- People, Etc. August 24, 2016
- WME Acquires RWSG August 22, 2016
- Briefs: Bissonnette to Forfeit All "No Easy Day" Royalties; Amazon May Plan Drive-Up Grocery Stores August 22, 2016
- People August 22, 2016
- People August 19, 2016
- What the Panama Papers Tell Publishers About Big Data: […] Wiley to Acquire Atypon for $120 Million...
- Thad McIlroy – Future Of Publishing » The March of the Toy Soldiers: […] it wrote down its Kobo investment for th...
- Welcome to the Golden Age of Indie Publishers: […] Sales Rise at Quarto (Pub Lunch) The Qua...
- What Digital Publishers Need to Know About Video: […] HMH Reduces Full Year Guidance, Though T...
- What Brexit Means for the Publishing Industry - Publishing Trendsetter: […] a low-value British pound reduces the pr...