In the UK, Tesco has hired Gavin Sathianathan to head their ebook portion of their blinkbox digital media offer, to launch later this year. Tesco had purchased Mobcast last September as the foundation of their ebook program. They will offer digital books, music and movies under the blinkbox name. Currently working at Facebook, Sathianathan had worked as an intern at the previous incarnation of blinkbox (a streaming video company). The Bookseller says Tesco has hired Sainsbury head of online entertainment Mark Bennett to lead blinkboxmusic as well.
- Amazon Announces 5 Breakthrough Novel Category Winners 21 May 2013, 8:24 pm
- In UK, First Week "Inferno" Hardcover Sales Are About Half of "Lost Symbol" Opening, At 229k Units 21 May 2013, 3:20 pm
- A Nearly Clean Sweep of Departures as Philip Jones Leaves Granta/Portobello 21 May 2013, 3:14 pm
- A New Bookstore for Philadelphia Suburb 21 May 2013, 12:08 pm
- Iain Banks Update Fans On Cancer Battle; Chemo May Be An Option 21 May 2013, 11:43 am
- Jones Is the Latest to Leave in Granta Restructuring May 21, 2013
- The BEA Master Schedule May 21, 2013
- The Publishers Lunch BEA 2013 Party Planner May 21, 2013
- Bookselling: Waterstones To Restructure Store Management; New Bookstores in Bryn Mawr, PA and Astoria, Queens May 21, 2013
- Profits Rise at Bloomsbury May 21, 2013
- Sarah Weinman: Hi Jon, Yes, we\'ve been alerted about this, than...
- Robert Gottlieb: A fantastic and important line up of discussions. ...
- Joe Stern: Guralnick\'s Sam Cooke biography is from 2006 - wh...
- Publishing News of the Week | Foreword Literary: [...] PublishersLunch lists more Fall/Winter Buz...
- Robert Gottlieb: Scale is a great theme in connection to today\'s p...