Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Nook Press Purchases Themselves Sponsored Self-Publishing Review Section In The Bookseller 18 September 2014, 12:08 pm
- Tom Clancy's Widow Wants to Shift Tax Burden On $83 Million Estate to His Children 18 September 2014, 12:07 pm
- Books & Books to Open Bookstore and Restaurant On Downtown Miami's Arsht Center for Performing Arts Campus 18 September 2014, 12:18 am
- The Next Shortlist: Canada's Hilary Weston Writers' Trust Prize for Nonfiction 17 September 2014, 5:02 pm
- NYT Magazine Profiles "Donald Antrim and the Art of Anxiety" 17 September 2014, 1:37 pm
- Amazon Refreshes Kindle eReaders and Tablets, Adding Kids Tablet September 17, 2014
- National Book Award Fiction Longlist, and More Awards September 17, 2014
- People, Etc. September 17, 2014
- iOS8 Launch Gives Apple A Second Bite At Building iBooks September 17, 2014
- Amazon Pays Over $500K to Kindle "All-Stars" September 17, 2014
- Should Self-Published Authors Slow Down? | Digital Book World: […] Value Added to Ebooks (Pub Lunch) A Euro...
- Hope for the Future of Books | Digital Book World: […] Amazon Sends Out Settlement Notification...
- What makes books different... - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files: […] game. Nook also seems to have — at...
- All the Amazon-Hachette coverage doesn't seem to cover some important causes and implications - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files: […] of going, the independent channel a shad...
- All the Amazon-Hachette coverage doesn't seem to cover some important causes and implications - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files: […] trade houses, Hachette Book Group. Altho...