Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Trump Book Called "Crippled America," Features "Horrible, Mean Picture" On Jacket 8 October 2015, 8:32 am
- Canongate Sales Fell 24% to £7.9 Million, with Big Loss, In "Difficult and Dispiriting" 2014 7 October 2015, 12:18 pm
- James Patterson to Pay $250K In "Holiday Bonuses" to "Hardworking Bookstore Employees" 7 October 2015, 12:16 pm
- PubSlush Closes As Acquisition Deal Fails, Buyer Decides to Launch New Crowdfunding Site, PubLaunch, in February 7 October 2015, 12:05 pm
- McNally Jackson Will Open South Street Seaport Store (with Cafe and Possible Speakeasy) in 2017 7 October 2015, 11:08 am
- GREY Boosts Trade Sales in June October 8, 2015
- Allende's The Japanese Lover Tops November Library Reads List October 8, 2015
- People: Alexievich Wins Nobel, and More October 8, 2015
- People, Etc. October 7, 2015
- Corporate: Canongate Falls In 2014, 3M Exits Library Market October 7, 2015
- Ebooks change the game for both backlist and export - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files: […] reality comes up in another frequent cur...
- How Book Fairs and Technology Work Together | Digital Book World: […] Will Frankfurt Deals Pick Up? (Pub Lunch...
- Publishers Are Following Authors to Kindle Exclusivity | The Digital Reader: […] was paying Skyhorse under terms similar ...
- A Critical SEO Element Publishers Must Improve | Digital Book World: […] Pronoun Launches Free Ebook Distribution...
- Round up: Oyster falls out; Mobile is apps; eBooks sales reality check; Social audits; Instagram's 400M; more - The Logical Marketing Agency: […] Publishers Lunch: eBook Sales TrendsR...