Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Daniel Handler's Upstream Encourages Authors to Partner with Indie Stores to Sell Signed Books 17 October 2014, 8:34 pm
- Court Monitor Bromwich Gets His Meeting with Apple's Tim Cook 17 October 2014, 2:02 pm
- Pastor (and Controversial Author) Mark Driscoll Resigns from Mars Hill Church 16 October 2014, 12:33 pm
- Permuted Press Said to Drop Most POD Editions, Delay New Releases 16 October 2014, 12:08 pm
- Book Sales Down 8% at WH Smith 16 October 2014, 11:43 am
- Amazon, Hachette and Authors: The Complete Tamblyn Tweets October 17, 2014
- Google Play Maintains Rapid Growth, and More October 17, 2014
- People, Etc. October 17, 2014
- Perseus Realigns Senior Management for Growth; Navratil Departs Running Press October 16, 2014
- Grisham Apologizes For Interview Comments October 16, 2014
- Alan Cumming reveals the man behind the “cheery chappy” - GalleyCat: […] The Good Wife star and Broadway luminary...
- Wattpad Novel \'After\' by Anna Todd Scores a Movie Deal | Digital Book World: […] Perseus Reorganizes (Pub Lunch) In the a...
- Robert E. Hayes: Talk about white privilege! Grisham figured he cou...
- Kindle Scout, Amazon’s “Reader-Powered” Publishing Program, Launches | Digital Book World: […] first, Kindle WriteOn, went live quietl...
- Kindle Scout, Amazon’s “Reader-Powered” Publishing Program, Launches | Informit Bulletin: […] first, Kindle WriteOn, went live quietly...