Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Linda Zecher On Her Management Style 30 March 2015, 11:36 am
- 2011 Nobel Winner Tomas Transtroemer, 83, Dies 28 March 2015, 12:06 am
- "Sunshine Girl" YouTube Star Publishes Book Following "Spotty" Sales For Earlier Deals 25 March 2015, 1:20 pm
- Cover for GO SET A WATCHMAN (This Time, It's The Real One) 25 March 2015, 1:12 pm
- Governor Cuomo Attempted to Get Unauthorized Biographer Michael Shnayerson To "Work With Him On A Book About Governing" 20 March 2015, 3:16 am
- People, Etc. March 31, 2015
- With First Full Penguin Random House Annual Results, Dohle Says "We Are Stronger Together" March 31, 2015
- A "Strong Holiday" Puts Books-a-Million In the Black for the Year March 30, 2015
- People, Etc. March 30, 2015
- Legal: Another Lawsuit Against Author Solutions; NACS Seeks Details on Purdue's Amazon Deal March 30, 2015
- Disrupting Linear Publishing | Digital Book World: […] Author Solutions Sued Again (Pub Lunch) ...
- How to Reach Millennial Readers | Digital Book World: […] Higher Sales, Bigger Losses for Scholast...
- Global Ebook Opportunities Rising | Digital Book World: […] and more payment options in India, while...
- Emerging Global Internet Users Young, Social and Read English | Digital Book World: […] services is also becoming and ever more...
- Amazon Rival Strengthens E-Book Presence - The Authors Guild: […] In addition to increasing competition, t...