Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Springsteen Sells His Autobiography to Simon & Schuster 11 February 2016, 12:35 pm
- Scott Rudin to Produce Broadway Version of To Kill A Mockingbird, with Aaron Sorkin Adapting 10 February 2016, 3:41 pm
- Amazon Said to be Building "Global Supply Chain" Shipping Business to Compete with Alibaba, Disintermediate Big Shippers 10 February 2016, 1:24 pm
- The Late Jackie Collins' Beverly Hills Estate, Coming to Market for $30 Million 9 February 2016, 1:11 pm
- Chapman University Turns Rueben Martinez's Libraria Martinez Bookstore Into Community Cultural Center 9 February 2016, 1:01 pm
- Simonson's The Summer Before The War Tops March Library Reads List February 11, 2016
- People February 11, 2016
- Lagardere Publishing Rises On Euro and France; HBG Rebounds In Fourth Quarter February 10, 2016
- Scholastic, Little Brown UK Will Publish Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Play Script on July 31 February 10, 2016
- People: Lucas to Lead NBF February 10, 2016
- What Books Have the X-Factor? | Digital Book World: […] Hachette Rebounds in Fourth Quarter (Pub...
- Shopping Center CEO Says 'Not Intended' About Amazon Bookstores - Publishing Perspectives: […] As Michael Cader at Publishers Lunch cla...
- Shopping Center CEO Says 'Not Intended' About Amazon Bookstores - Publishing Perspectives: […] Publishers Lunch’s Michal Cader no...
- How to Pick the Best Ebook Format | Digital Book World: […] Harvard Common Press Sold to Quarto (Pub...
- Why Ebook Markup Is a Sign of a Publisher’s Health | Digital Book World: […] WTF: Swear Word Coloring Books Charge th...