Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Bronx Barnes & Noble Signs Two-Year Lease Extension, with Help from Borough President 23 October 2014, 4:17 pm
- Seasonal Decline In Adult Trade Pulls Down Bloomsbury Sales and Profits 23 October 2014, 12:18 pm
- BN and Samsung Add 10.1 Inch Galaxy Nook Tablet; Refresh $200 Free Content Package 22 October 2014, 2:09 pm
- Txtr-Related Subscription Service Blloon Launches In Uk 22 October 2014, 12:49 pm
- Report Claims Leon Panetta Had Penguin Move Forward with His Manuscript Prior to Final CIA Approval, In "Contentious" Process 21 October 2014, 8:29 pm
- Judge Certifies Author Class In Suit Against Harlequin October 24, 2014
- People, Etc. October 24, 2014
- Pearson "On Track," and PRH "Performed Well" October 24, 2014
- Kirkus Prize Winners, and More Awards October 23, 2014
- Amazon Misses Wall Street's Expectations On Bigger Loss; Shares Decline October 23, 2014
- The How and Why of Browser-Based Ebook Publishing | Digital Book World: […] Amazon Shares Slide as Earnings Disappoi...
- How Simon & Schuster\'s Amazon Deal Changes Things for Ebook Publishers | Digital Book World: […] Bookspan Reboots, Turns Publisher (Pub L...
- Why Vook Is Still Betting on Short-Form Ebooks | Digital Book World: […] iPhones Up, iPads Down at Apple (Pub Lun...
- Simon & Schuster’s Agreement with Amazon Points the Way Back to Agency Pricing | The Authors Guild: […] the basic construct and terms of agency ...
- Dealing with Amazon — Gigaom Research: […] Details of the deal are sketchy, but it ...