Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Barnes & Noble Adds "Science Center" to Toys & Games Department In "Select Stores" 31 October 2014, 1:54 pm
- In UK, Bonnier Buys Igloo Books, Said to Add £30 Million In Annual Sales 31 October 2014, 12:17 pm
- Government Continues to Pursue SEAL Turned Author and Speaker, Matt Bissonnette 31 October 2014, 11:46 am
- Curtis Brown UK Tries Novel-Writing Competition Paired with ITV Morning Show 31 October 2014, 11:38 am
- Press Release Confirms Sale Forming AGI-Vigliano Literary 30 October 2014, 1:09 pm
- Government Still Pursuing SEAL Author Matt Bissonnette October 31, 2014
- People October 31, 2014
- Bonnier Acquires UK's Igloo Books October 31, 2014
- PW's Top 10 Books October 31, 2014
- New Google Play Features Aim to Improve Nonfiction eBook October 30, 2014
- Young Adult Books Still Driving Growth for U.S. Trade Publishers | Digital Book World: […] Much more. […]...
- Hachette War Hurting Amazon? | Digital Book World: […] reported even weaker third quarter finan...
- The How and Why of Browser-Based Ebook Publishing | Digital Book World: […] Amazon Shares Slide as Earnings Disappoi...
- How Simon & Schuster\'s Amazon Deal Changes Things for Ebook Publishers | Digital Book World: […] Bookspan Reboots, Turns Publisher (Pub L...
- Why Vook Is Still Betting on Short-Form Ebooks | Digital Book World: […] iPhones Up, iPads Down at Apple (Pub Lun...