Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Lena Dunham Writing Short Story Collection "Best and Always" for Release By Random House In 2017 30 August 2016, 10:52 pm
- EW Fall Preview Cover Is "Totally On Board" with October's Girl on the Train Movie Release 30 August 2016, 2:19 pm
- FTC Files Complaint Against Journal Publisher OMICS Group, Charging Deceptive Practices and Hidden Fees 30 August 2016, 1:11 pm
- Pat Conroy Left A Finished YA Novel, But Only Completed 200 Pages of New Vietnam-Era Novel ("I'm not sure exactly what can be done with it") 30 August 2016, 11:49 am
- Penguin Random House Provides Free Digital Reads for 8 Weeks to NYC Subway Riders, Promoting MTA Wi-Fi 29 August 2016, 11:36 am
- People, Etc. August 30, 2016
- Penguin Random House Provides Free Digital Reads to NYC Subway Riders August 29, 2016
- People, Etc. August 29, 2016
- Amazon Tests Teams with 30-Hour Work Week August 29, 2016
- Hachette Sues Seth Grahame-Smith to Recover Advance On Late, Unacceptable Manuscript August 29, 2016
- Everything You Need to Know About Ebook Metadata: […] Results Steady at WH Smith, But… (Pub ...
- What the Panama Papers Tell Publishers About Big Data: […] Wiley to Acquire Atypon for $120 Million...
- Thad McIlroy – Future Of Publishing » The March of the Toy Soldiers: […] it wrote down its Kobo investment for th...
- Welcome to the Golden Age of Indie Publishers: […] Sales Rise at Quarto (Pub Lunch) The Qua...
- What Digital Publishers Need to Know About Video: […] HMH Reduces Full Year Guidance, Though T...