Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Random House Celebrates Increased 1 Million Copy-Seuss "What Pet Should I Get?" Printing By Releasing An Illustration 20 April 2015, 1:42 pm
- As Family Christian Tries For Proper Bankruptcy Sale, More Questions About Their Practices 20 April 2015, 11:31 am
- Court Monitor Bromwich Complains Again About Apple's Declining Cooperation 17 April 2015, 2:34 pm
- 3 Pages Cut From Early Draft of 'A Wrinkle In Time' Gives More Details About L'Engle's Political Philosophy 17 April 2015, 2:16 pm
- The "LBF Deals" Story Trap At Work (SMP Bought the Jong Prior to LBF 2014) 16 April 2015, 2:53 pm
- Doerr, Kolbert Among Pulitzer Winners April 20, 2015
- RHCB Doubles Print Run For WHAT PET SHOULD I GET? April 20, 2015
- LAT Book Prize Winners Include Hustvedt, Luiselli, Rankine, & Hobbs April 18, 2015
- People, Etc. April 17, 2015
- Awards: Indies Choice Winners, PEN Shortlists, and More April 17, 2015
- Making Digital Book Publishing Strategies Pay | Digital Book World: […] Kindle Unlimited Pool Swells but Payouts...
- Using APIs to Publish More Efficiently | Digital Book World: […] the Book World Needs Small Players (Futu...
- No Authors Held Hostage as HarperCollins and Amazon Come to Terms - The Authors Guild: […] those incentives work? Publishers Lunch ...
- Penguin Random House Joins Scribd on Audiobooks | Digital Book World: […] HarperCollins Bets on Higher-Priced Eboo...
- HarperCollins Signs Amazon Deal, Widens Global Reach | Digital Book World: […] Nonfiction Deals Grow (Pub Lunch) The vo...