Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- With Sale of Moleskine to Private Belgian Company, PE Investor Will Have Earned €323 million 29 September 2016, 11:36 am
- Redstone's National Amusements Said to be Calling on Viacom and CBS Boards to Explore Merging 28 September 2016, 5:57 pm
- Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Hollywood Authors List 28 September 2016, 2:03 pm
- Springsteen Moves 2,000 Copies of Memoir at Four-Hour Opening Day BN Signing 28 September 2016, 12:54 pm
- Booksellers Upset Over New California Law Requiring Certificate of Authenticity on Signed Memorabilia (Including Books) 27 September 2016, 2:27 pm
- AAP April Report: As Expected, The Digital Decline Continues September 29, 2016
- Awards: 5 Under 35 Honorees; Aspen Words Literary Prize September 29, 2016
- People, Etc. September 29, 2016
- Redstones Tell CBS and Viacom to Consider Merging September 28, 2016
- People, Awards, Etc. September 28, 2016
- Authors, Stop Doing These 10 Things on Social Media - DBW: […] Amazon Bull: Stock Hits New High (Pub Lu...
- \"Fifty Shades of Grey\" royalty lawsuit...again! | Sidebar for Plaintiffs: […] jury ruled in Pedroza’s favor in F...
- Adult Book List Young: […] National Book Award Longlists Begin with...
- subscriber: Agreed! A first - rate publisher by any measure!...
- Can We Actually Use Data to Predict Bestsellers? - Digital Book World: […] Book Sales Fell $38.6 Million at B&N...