Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- "Left Behind" Co-Author Tim LaHaye, 90, Dies Following A Stroke 25 July 2016, 9:46 pm
- Roger Ailes Reportedly Working on Autobiography (At One Point Under Contract With HarperCollins) 24 July 2016, 2:59 pm
- Hastings Did Sell Their 32-Year-Old Cessna Turboprop for $570k, At Least 22 July 2016, 1:42 pm
- Lawyer Says Former Fox News Personality Laurie Dhue Is Writing A Book 22 July 2016, 12:29 pm
- Paragraphs 25 + 26: Digital Audio Rise Is Driven by Amazon 22 July 2016, 12:27 pm
- Apple Beats Low Expectations July 26, 2016
- Hachette Reorganizes Sales Following Perseus Purchase July 26, 2016
- Announcements: PRH Pairs with InstaFreebie, Amazon Gets Permission to Test Drone Functions In UK July 26, 2016
- AAP February Report Shows Consistent Digital Drop, Higher Returns July 26, 2016
- People: Tor/Forge Expands, Martin Levin Dies at 97 July 26, 2016
- How Indexing Could Evolve with Ebooks: […] Potter Helps Scholastic Again (Pub Lunch...
- The challenge of aligning data sources – TechInBooks.com: […] article in today’s Publishers Lunc...
- subscriber: More consolidation in the industry. This looks to ...
- 3 Ways Indie Publishers Sell Books: […] Senate Confirms Hayden as Librarian of C...
- Why You Should Take the AAP Statshot Annual Revenue Data With a Grain of Salt | The Digital Reader: […] Unlike the AAP’s monthly StatShots, th...