Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Blurb Looks to Sales of Over $80 Million This Year 28 January 2015, 3:27 pm
- Weird; Filmmaker Alex Gibney Turns The New Yorker Magzine Into A Half-Hour Video Pilot for Amazon 28 January 2015, 3:12 pm
- Wiley To License "For Dummies" Brand For Custom Business Content Solutions 28 January 2015, 2:59 pm
- Helen Macdonald Wins Overall Costa Book Award For H IS FOR HAWK 27 January 2015, 8:41 pm
- RR Donnelly Makes Unsolicited Bid of $2.50 More Per Share for Courier Corp. Following Quad/Graphics Merger 27 January 2015, 3:47 pm
- Caldwell's The Fifth Gospel Tops March Indie Next List January 29, 2015
- People, Etc. January 28, 2015
- Germany's Txtr Files for Insolvency January 28, 2015
- Courier Will Weigh New Bid from RR Donnelly January 28, 2015
- Announcements: Oyster Adds Harry Potter, R&L Buys Chase's January 28, 2015
- Gumroad Takes Ebooks to Android Users | Digital Book World: […] Txtr Seeks Buyer (Pub Lunch) Filing for ...
- Can Canelo Cross The Coals? - Porter Anderson: […] kind, Germany’s Textr — which had fl...
- New Author Earnings Report Is Released! AKA Why You Do Not Need An ISBN AKA Don’t Pay the Rip-Off Bowker Prices, Dudes. | Mirtika Writes: […] sales get presented to the industry at...
- Amazon, Publishers Weekly name their 'best books' of 2014 | My PR Site: […] the publisher with whom the retailer has...
- Eyes Wide Open: Can Canelo Cross The Coals? | Thought Catalog: […] Germany’s Textr — which had ...