Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Giovanni's Room To Reopen in October In Partnership With Local AIDS Nonprofit 22 August 2014, 12:16 pm
- As The Miniaturist Releases, Ecco "Imagine[s] it's going to bypass Donna Tartt's sales" 22 August 2014, 10:27 am
- David Yates Negotiating to Direct First New Harry Potter Fantastic Beasts Movie 22 August 2014, 10:24 am
- A While After "Open Submissions" Window, Harper Voyager UK Picks 15 Novels for eBook Release 22 August 2014, 10:23 am
- Academic Paper Explores the Inherent Limitations In Kindle Worlds' Commercialized Fan Fiction 21 August 2014, 12:33 pm
- People: Adjustments At Simon Pulse, and More August 21, 2014
- Acknowledging Big Drop in Amazon Sales, Ellora's Cave Cuts Staff, Expenses August 21, 2014
- People, Etc. August 21, 2014
- The Barnes & Noble Samsung $179 Tablet Finally Arrives August 20, 2014
- Hachette UK Creates New International Sales Group August 20, 2014
- Will Ebooks Always Make Us Dumber? No | Digital Book World: […] Hachette UK Snags Penguin Random House U...
- The New Trend in Ebook Prices | Digital Book World: […] Atria Lays Off Editorial Staff (Pub Lunc...
- Surviving the Digital Transition | Digital Book World: […] Quarto: Bad News, Good News (Pub Lunch) ...
- Dog-Eared and Dispatched: August 10, 2014: […] other news, Amazon has again broken sile...
- eBook Sales Up at HarperCollins But Down at S&S, Hachette | The Digital Reader: […] Publishers Lunch […]...