Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Israel Cancels Law Banning Discounts and Stipulating Minimum Royalties Since It Wasn't Effective 31 May 2016, 2:37 pm
- New Yorker Summer Fiction Issue: Excerpts from Foer, Smith and Lerner 31 May 2016, 1:01 pm
- Publishing Will Need Better Answers Than This Under New Overtime Pay Rules 31 May 2016, 12:15 pm
- Remodeled BookHampton Reopens This Weekend Under New Owners 27 May 2016, 11:57 am
- All of the Summer's "Girls" Titles 27 May 2016, 11:43 am
- People: Slavin Becomes CEO at Open Road As Friedman Moves to Chairman May 31, 2016
- People May 31, 2016
- People May 27, 2016
- People, Etc. May 26, 2016
- Burgess Lea Moves to Quarto May 26, 2016
- Indie Authors are to blame for the eBook slowdown: […] they are unable to capitalize on. One ex...
- How Can I Be a Part of the Audiobook Boom? | Digital Book World: […] Macmillan Acquires Pronoun (FKA As Vook,...
- The 2 Marketing Questions Every Author Should Ask | Digital Book World: […] Author Sues Wrong Publisher over Ebooks ...
- 5 Questions Publishing Leaders Need to Ask About Metadata | Digital Book World: […] Nook and Samsung Agree to New, Much Smal...
- subscriber: As a former employer for thirty years in the priva...