Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Lab Girl Tops Amazon's Best Books of the Year So Far 22 June 2016, 8:48 pm
- Women's Prize Winner Lisa McInerney Adds Desmond Elliott for The Glorious Heresies 22 June 2016, 8:46 pm
- JK Rowling Condemns 'Divisive and Bitter' EU Referendum Campaign 20 June 2016, 1:47 pm
- As Usual, Kindle Unlimited Pool Rises ($15.3 Million) As Page Rate Declines ($0.00468) 17 June 2016, 12:29 am
- Penguin Classics' Elda Rotor on Publishing Philippine, and International, Authors 16 June 2016, 9:09 pm
- Brexit, "Day One" June 24, 2016
- More Barnes & Noble Fiscal Facts June 24, 2016
- People June 24, 2016
- Hachette Book Group Relocates 52 Jobs June 23, 2016
- People, Etc. June 23, 2016
- International Publishing and the UK's Vote for 'Brexit': […] comprehensive look at the uncertainties ...
- What Self-Published Authors Should Know About Hard Copies | Digital Book World: […] Nordstedts Sold to Storytel (Pub Lunch) ...
- How to Build a Successful Indie Press | Digital Book World: […] Amazon to Open Third Bookstore Near Port...
- Everything Self-Published Authors Need to Know | Digital Book World: […] Small Decline in Wiley’s Fourth Qu...
- Observations About Publishing | The Pack of Aces: […] been a lot of think pieces going around ...