Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Riverhead's Spring List -- As A Mural On the Side of A School 24 October 2016, 1:39 pm
- Portland Amazon Books Opens for A Few Hours In Advance of Full Opening This Week 24 October 2016, 1:18 pm
- Head of Copyright Office Pallante Is "Removed" For New Post by Librarian of Congress; Media Reps Are Concerned 21 October 2016, 11:50 pm
- United Methodist Publishing Moving Distribution to Donnelley's LSC; Warehouse Workers to be Laid Off 20 October 2016, 12:18 pm
- BEA Renames Itself Just Plain BE (Book Expo) 19 October 2016, 11:35 pm
- BEA Chicago Attendance Was Down By Over A Third October 24, 2016
- People October 24, 2016
- People, Etc. October 21, 2016
- Riggio On Opportunities New and Missed October 21, 2016
- To BE Is Not to BEA: Show Changes Name to Book Expo October 20, 2016
- Top 10 Rights Hacks for Publishers - Digital Book World: […] Data Shows Modest Dealmaking as Dollars ...
- The New Customer Relationship - Digital Book World: […] As Amazon Investigates, Kindle Unlimited...
- The Next Phase of Book Search and Discovery - Digital Book World: […] Update from Pearson Sends Shares Down Fu...
- Ted Hill Discusses the Revamped DBW Conference - Digital Book World: […] Amazon in Preliminary Settlement Talks i...
- How Big Data Can Improve Content and Reader Engagement: […] BISG Looks Ahead to Restart (Pub Lunch) ...