Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Angela Flournoy "Suddenly Has Everyone's Attention" 29 April 2016, 2:42 pm
- Australian Government Commission Recommends Ending Import Restrictions On Books By End of 2017 29 April 2016, 1:33 pm
- Barnes & Noble Said to Line Up New Sacramento-Area Store 29 April 2016, 12:25 pm
- Sales Fall 6% In Pearson's First Quarter; PRH "Solid" But Feels "Reduced Demand for eBooks" 29 April 2016, 11:58 am
- CBS Said to be Talking to Bankers About Buying Out Redstone/National Amusement's Special Voting Shares 28 April 2016, 10:03 pm
- Australian Publishing Braces for New Battle As Government Proposes Dropping Book Import Restrictions April 29, 2016
- Corporate: Pearson Has Expected Q1 Decline, As CBS Considers Buyout of Redstone Shares April 29, 2016
- People, Etc. April 28, 2016
- Amazon Has Better-than-Expected Profit April 28, 2016
- Family Entertainment Network Relaunches As StoryArc; Frankfurt Adds Controlling Stake In IPR License; Readerlink Adds ANconnect Book Business April 28, 2016
- Michael Cader: Thanks for the comment, Lisa, but you may not unde...
- Lisa Campbell: Hello! Just wanted to point out that the deals you...
- We Must Stop Wasting Time in the Attention Economy | Digital Book World: […] Based on Leaked Images, Kindle Returns t...
- How One Small Publisher Is Lighting It Up | Digital Book World: […] London Book Fair Deal Trends (Pub Lunch)...
- How Planning Your Audiobook Can Make You a Better Writer | Digital Book World: […] Bezos’s Annual Letter Celebrates â...