Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Books, Inc. Plans Their 12th Store In Santa Clara for 2016 22 May 2015, 9:55 pm
- Conan Doyle Estate Sues to Block "Mr. Holmes" Film (Based on Mitch Cullin's Novel) Saying It Drew From Post-1923 Stories 22 May 2015, 9:54 pm
- S&S To Publish Herman Wouk's "Sailor and Fiddler: Reflections of a 100-Year-Old Author" In December 22 May 2015, 12:11 pm
- BN Says They Would Stay In Queens If Rent Stays Low 22 May 2015, 12:10 pm
- Not A Record, But Girl On the Train Passes 2 Million Units Sold 22 May 2015, 12:09 pm
- The Look Ahead to BEA May 22, 2015
- Corporate: Pearson Sells Family Education Network Sites, Harlequin Launches Audio May 22, 2015
- People, Etc. May 22, 2015
- Fall/Winter Buzz Books Preview: Fiction May 21, 2015
- People May 21, 2015
- Why the Amazon Question Is Also a Mobile One | Digital Book World: […] Kindle Unlimited Pool Swells, Payouts No...
- Twelve Publishers Submit to SEO Analysis | Digital Book World: […] Top Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Shareholde...
- More Publishers Selling Ebooks Direct | Digital Book World: […] Ebook Sales Down at Hachette (Pub Lunch...
- Authors Front and Center in Multi-Channel Publishing | Digital Book World: […] Simon & Schuster: “No Negative Eff...
- How to (Really) Plan for Digital | Digital Book World: […] Will Bertelsmann Buy Pearson out of Peng...