Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- The St. Louis Post Dispatch's Favorite 50 Books 2 December 2016, 9:22 pm
- European Commission Formally Proposes New Rule to Allow Individual Countries to Lower eBook VAT -- If Everyone Agrees 1 December 2016, 6:45 pm
- Individual States Keep Looking At Sales Tax on Digital Media, Including eBooks 1 December 2016, 1:08 pm
- NYT Picks Their Top Ten Books of 2016 1 December 2016, 12:53 pm
- R.J. Julia Booksellers Will Manage New Downtown Middletown Bookstore for Wesleyan University 1 December 2016, 12:47 pm
- Sharing December 2, 2016
- EU Takes One More Step Towards Maybe Allowing Reduced Tax on eBooks Some Day December 2, 2016
- People December 2, 2016
- More Best Ofs: Library Reads' Favorites for 2016, Google's Bestsellers and More December 1, 2016
- December Bookseller Picks, Too December 1, 2016
- subscriber: Michael, Congratulations. Thank you for this usefu...
- How Indie Authors Can Sell Their Print Books at Local Bookstores - DBW: […] Barnes & Noble News: Albuquerque Sto...
- Ken Brooks of Macmillan Learning: Focusing on Content over Products: […] International Briefs: Kobo, Amazon, Lueb...
- Jane Friedman Discusses the New Professional Indie Author - DBW: […] ‘Sluggish Sales’ Lower Barnes & ...
- Authors, Stop Doing These 10 Things on Social Media - DBW: […] Bookselling: BN ‘Commits’ to Staying...