Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- Informal Survey Shows Where Publishing People Buy (And Get Free) Books 25 July 2014, 6:20 pm
- Amazon Employee May Have Collided Recreational Drone Into Seattle Space Needle 25 July 2014, 4:02 pm
- PM Monthly Lists of Notable New Releases for August, September and October, Now In Beta 25 July 2014, 2:29 pm
- Fifty Shades Trailer Lands, Ahead of Valentine's Day 2015 Release 24 July 2014, 1:14 pm
- Merged WME and IMG Will Sell Clients Books at All Their Events 24 July 2014, 12:24 pm
- Legato to Be Merged Into PGW as Suchomel Exits July 25, 2014
- People, Etc. July 25, 2014
- Judge Cote Unconvinced By Aspects of Apple Settlement Proposal July 25, 2014
- Pearson Steady During Restructuring; PRH "Performed Well" July 25, 2014
- Amazon Loses More Money Than Expected; Stock Suffers July 24, 2014
- Librarians, Media React to Launch of Kindle Unlimited: […] Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Select pr...
- Amazon Revenue up as Losses Mount | Digital Book World: […] Kensington Combines Digital-First Imprin...
- Michael Cader: Thanks for the info. Batman, and Amazon, have all ...
- Andrew Shaffer: Actually, the #1 \"paid\" Kindle title--Batman: Et...
- Amazon vs. Hachette: Book Buyers Take Notice | Publishing Perspectives: […] Publishers Lunch reported that: […...