Talking about books as "demand-weighted units" and telling customers they "encourage you to purchase ...from one of our competitors" hasn't played too well on the editorial pages for Amazon in their standoff with Hachette Book Group over terms, but on Wednesday the company floated a more positive story to change the narrative in the media. CEO Jeff Bezos will convene "a new device launch" in Seattle on June 18. A teaser video shows delighted people looking down at something they say is amazing, reaffirming longstanding rumors that Amazon has a 3-D cellphone on the way.
- AP Praises Baby Boomer Indie Booksellers 1 December 2015, 9:47 pm
- Was It In Doubt? Morrissey's Novel Wins Bad Sex In Fiction Award 1 December 2015, 9:27 pm
- Pietsch Column: Young Generations' "Demand for great and exciting books will fuel a huge growth in writing and reading" 1 December 2015, 9:26 pm
- U. of North Carolina Students Protest Bids to Outsource Campus Bookstore 1 December 2015, 1:08 pm
- Coralie Bickford-Smith's The Fox and the Star Is Waterstones' Book of the Year 1 December 2015, 1:01 am
- People December 1, 2015
- Goodreads Choice, LibraryReads' Favorites, Amazon December, and Other Picks December 1, 2015
- People, Etc. November 30, 2015
- People: Tamblyn Named Kobo CEO; Wheaton Appointed COO of Penguin Random House Canada; and More November 29, 2015
- Books-A-Million Flat On Slightly Higher Comps November 24, 2015
- How Paid Reviews Work for Indie Authors | Digital Book World: […] Supreme Court Extends Apple Appeal Deadl...
- For Amazon Authors, International Royalties in Flux as Payment per Page Drops Again - The Authors Guild: […] Since July’s change to per-page paymen...
- How to Be More Efficient in Your Metadata Management | Digital Book World: […] Kindle Unlimited Payment Drops Below Hal...
- Is Your Publishing Toolkit As Strong As It Could Be? | Digital Book World: […] Expanded S&S Library Option, Expandi...
- Pentian CEO: ‘Publishing with a Purpose Is a Privilege’ | Digital Book World: […] Bertelsmann Earnings Gain in Third Quart...