People, Etc.

At Putnam, Katie McKee has been promoted to senior publicity manager, while Elena Hershey moves up to associate publicist.

At Chronicle Books, Will Schrom has been promoted to national accounts manager, Barnes & Noble and Calendar Club.

At Crown Publishing Group, Hanna Glidden has been promoted to associate managing editor.

Katie McHugh has left her post as editor, brand development at Time Home Entertainment to become a freelance nonfiction editor. She can be reached at mchugh.katie@gmail.com.

Christina Rodriguez has left Hudson Street Press, where she was associate editor, to pursue an opportunity outside of the publishing industry. She can be reached at rodriguez.cv@gmail.com.

In the UK, Mike Jones will join Profile Books as publishing director in September. Previously he was nonfiction publishing director at Simon & Schuster UK.

In other publishing briefs:

The May deal for private equity firm Paragon to take over Germany's bankrupt Weltbild has fallen apart. Reuters reports that bankruptcy administrator Arndt Geiwitz has ended the talks with Paragon. Instead, restructuring firm Droege International Group will contribute 20 million euros in working capital equity, along with providing an "unspecified loan," and receive 60 percent ownership of the group. The remaining 40 percent will be held "on behalf of" the creditors.

Dublin-based luxury brand Roads will launch their line of  illustrated books on art, photography, design, pop culture and classic literature available in the US and Canada this fall, distributed by ACC Distribution (a division of Antique Collectors' Club).

Jolly Fish Press has announced that The Gotham Group will represent film and tv rights to their books.

The Frankfurt Book Fair is holding a "beauty contest" for "the most beautiful book" under the name Beauty and the Book. Nominations and voting are open to anyone online for now, with final "offline" voting to be held at the fair itself in October.